Town Hall of Romont
Number 2 of the historical tour.
Romont town hall has stood here for a very long time. The archives mention the building as far back as the 16th century when it served also as an inn. Completely rebuilt two centuries later, it housed a casino (theater) in 1920. The interior was gutted by fire in 1948 and the facade had to be demolished. The current edifice was built in 1956 by Pierre Dumas, inspired by the school of Auguste Perret, one of the first proponents of reinforced concrete.
The town hall is a listed building and is one of the rare testimonies to the architectural modernism of the 1950s in the canton.