Number 14 of the historical tour. Stained glasses of Brian Clarke
At the foot of the hill, the Cistercian Abbey la Fille-Dieu was founded in 1268 by three young women from the region. The first church was consecrated in 1346. The buildings were
transformed by war, fire and political vagaries. The renovations carried out in the 1990s returned the church to its original volume. The non-figurative stained glass by the English artist Brian Clarke is the only contemporary aspect of the church. These works are attractive
in their simplicity and their allusion to the theme of hope.
The specialty of the monastery shop is mustard, made from using a recipe found in the abbey. The wholegrain, hot and honey mustards are made from natural ingredients.
1 km, 20 minutes by foot from the old town
On the way of St-James
Visit the church after hours of prayer :
In the week :
9:00 am, 12:00 am, 2:15 pm, 5:15 pm, 7:15 pm
9:30 am, 12:00 am, 2:15 pm, 5:15 pm, 7:15 pm